Phoenix From Heaven

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

Continues from The Death of the Last Phoenix by Jenna Betts.
Ruphius wakes with a startle, forgetting where he was. He realises the Endorum people have left. 'But why?' He wonders as he gets to his feet. 'Why did they leave? If I'm still alive.' When Ruphius regained his strength he flew back to the medicine bunnies home and asked for the spell that they had been conjuring during the ongoing war that would lift the curse the Endorum's sorcerer had cast over NuzBolt to make sure none of the phoenixes would survive The Worst War.
They gave Ruphius the spell, glad that they would be able to see their phoenix friends again. As he left through the small trapdoor that made up the entrance to the bunnies homes, The Wise Old Tree says to him 'You're doing the right thing, young Ruphius,' Ruphius replies with a nod, spreads his wings, leaps off the ground and flies away.
He casts the spell over NuzBolt and slowly the phoenixes rise from the ashes, a new era is born. There is now peace once more across the land of NuzBolt and their hero, Ruphius, is the saviour of them all, the peace bringer.
Epilogue
20 Years Later
Exodious jumps off the ground and, for the first time, flies high through the clouds and lands back on the freshly mown grass of the mountain. 'I did it!' He shouts with joy. 'I did it!' His mother and father beaming as his two sisters run out from behind trying to fly too, but they were far too young. As the sun sinks down across the sky towards the horizon, Ruphius and Roxina his wife, and children fly home to NuzBolt where medicine bunnies wait for him. And once he lands they all clap and cheer for their hero, as they always did. He waves to the crowd and continues to walk to the tree where they can have a good sleep and something to eat.
Ruphius is the guardian of NuzBolt, the hero, the protector and most of all their friend.
Ruphius is their voice, their hope and their love. He is loved by all in the land of NuzBolt, he loves all in NuzBolt and he helps all, because they provide him food, water, and a home. And in return Ruphius keeps them and their Land safe, and all for the right reasons.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!