World Champ!

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

My name is Cooper McCarthy and I WILL be the 2026 Ironman Triathlon World Champion.
Even though I'm only 7 1/2 I've learnt some important lessons already that will help me win the World Champs in Kona 2026.
I havn't been lucky enough to have any 'champion' role models around me so I decided to go and find some. I found 2 former World Champ winners, Chris 'Macca' McCormack and Craig 'Crowie' Alexander (mmm I wonder what my nick name will be?) What was really important to me was not just finding a champion who was good at triathlon, because there are loads of those I follow, but I also wanted to find men who were good, kind and great to their families. It wasn't just important to learn how to be the best triathlete in the world - I have a great coach for that - I also want to be the best me I can be growing up.
My mum says I'm super smart already because even at 7 I'm already able to learn from other people's mistakes. I know to NOT just dream big and hope it comes true, I have to work hard to achieve it by doing my best when I go to swimming lessons or tri training. I don't want to waste my coaches time - they could be home with their families instead of helping me.
So what does the next 11 years hold for me?
Studying people who are the best in the world; staying focused on my dream; not getting caught up in all that teenage boy drama I hear about; working hard on my goals and of course, dragging my mum out of bed at ridiculous hours to take me to training!
See you at the finish line!
Cooper (no nick name yet) McCarthy
World Champion!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!