Terrible Tuesday

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

Hi. My name is Andie Marilyn Smith. And at the moment I am hiding under my bed covers. Do you know why? Here’s how it went.
It was eight-thirty. What! No I was supposed to get up half an hour ago. My alarm hasn’t gone off and I’m meant to be at school in half an hour. I got up and went to the bathroom. As I turn the water on, a splash of cold water hits me. Aaaarhhhh! My siblings have used all the hot water and I needed to wash my hair!
Once I got dressed I went looking for a ride to school. My parents have left and I have missed the bus. Yay. I went out the door and I just started to run to school. But when I slammed the door I forgot my key and therefore my homework was stuck inside. I got to school, hot, tired and annoyed. My teacher asked me why I was late and where was my homework. I told her everything and I said I had done my homework, I just forgot it in the midst of running. But she said she didn’t believe me.
At lunch I was starving. I forgot to pack my lunch and I was sooo hungry. I didn’t have any breakfast either. And I didn’t have any money to buy anything from the canteen. After lunch my friends, Trinity and Lily were mad at me because I was supposed to bring the props for our space presentation.
When I was walking home I was waiting at the bus stop, when I remembered I had no money. And as I was walking home I got chased by this dog we see around town.
When I burst through the door at home after school, I just got on my iPad and randomly looked at pretty dresses, flicking through the ones I liked. I was going so fast, slamming the buttons furiously. I got onto my homework. And guess what? I spilled orange juice on my work. NOOOO.
At dinner I was starving, but we had mums revolting broccoli casserole. Yuck. After dinner I went to the shower. Yes. Something is finally looking good in my day.
After the shower of heaven, I went to my room all nice, clean and fresh. I flopped on my bed feeling peaceful and clean. But that’s when I heard it. The screech of all screeches, “Andie Marilyn Smith, why is my Paypal account saying that I’ve bought a bunch of dresses” came the voice of my mother. I let out a long sigh.
I sunk into my bed and hoped for a better day tomorrow. I pulled the covers over my head, I started to relax. I heard a knock at the door and mum came in. she didn’t look happy, but she kissed me on the head and whispered, “I love you”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!