You Can't Break A Bond Between Loved Ones

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

In a grand castle called Eastwood, there lived a little girl named May who was celebrating her tenth birthday. Over thousands of royal people attended the party and there was even a huge orchestra playing jazzy and graceful music for all the guests. When May entered the room and saw all the people dancing and laughing; she felt so lucky to have all these people who cared about her and did so much for her.
Four hours later Letty and Ted, May’s parents, decided to go into the kitchen and ask the servants to bring out the very tall, three layered, white chocolate birthday cake for May, which was edged with silver flowers.
“Alright I’ll go and get May while you lot bring out the cake” said Letty.
“Okay that sounds grand,” cheered Ted.
Three minutes later the cake was out in the middle of the room with May standing in front of it just about to blow out her candles when all of a sudden the castle doors slam open.
“STOP!!” shouted Lady Aserphina
“What is the meaning of this very rude interruption?” snapped Ted.
“My darling May we are your parents,” said Lord Aserphina.
“What that’s not possible!” exclaimed May.
“I know it’s hard to believe but when you were a baby, Ted and Letty took you away. We decided to wait until your tenth birthday to come and find you again,” explained Lady.
“Well prove to me that you’re my parents,” said May.
“Alright. Well, see how on your arm you’ve got a birth mark which is called the flu mina butterfly,” explained Lady Aserphina.
“Um, that’s nothing because I’ve heard of that birth mark many times,” snapped Letty.
“Is that so? Well your eyes, they’re a beautiful hazel-brown colour like ours,” explained Lord Aserphina.
“That’s not really proof because Letty and I both have blue eyes which are known to be similar to May’s eyes,” snapped Ted.
Lord Aserphina got out a flute and started to play it while Lady Aserphina started singing a special song. All of a sudden May felt like she was no longer standing behind a birthday cake, but in a huge vortex with many memories of her past flashing right in front of her eyes. Then, she start to realise, oh my goodness I’ve heard that song so many times. These people are really my parents and they use to sing this to me every night before I went to bed.
When May finally came back to the moment that she’s in at Eastwood castle; she looks at Lord and Lady Aserphina. “Mum, Dad you found me,” cried May while running up to them in order to give them a big hug.
Ted and Letty felt embarrassed that their secret had been revealed to a full party of people and ashamed that they did this terrible thing. May turns to Ted and Letty and gives them a humble look.
“You stole me from my parents, but you didn’t think about what you stole from me,” said May.
“We won’t steal May back. Instead we will allow her to have a balance,” explained Lady Aserphina.
“Thank you. You really are very gracious. We are so sorry about what we did. We will never do it again,” explained Letty.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!