Fantasia Storm

This world has come to an end…
It will not produce another life…
This girl is the only living creature that remains...
Sometime long ago, or perhaps in the distant future, I was in a different world…
It was world full of life…
But I can no longer return to that place, at least, I don’t think I can…
Because now I exist in the body SHE made for me…
As I lay beside her, my robotic build buried deep in snow, I remembered our task. She gave me a soft smile, “We were from the same world… you and I, we were very close to each other long ago, no, we’re still close, even now…” her voice was meek and fading into fog.
“Wait! So that means we don’t belong here after all! We can go home!” my heart leapt in excitement. She shook her head. “Sorry… That sounds wonderful, but I am the soul of this world, I have to stay here…"
I was frozen on the spot, I couldn’t move.
“If I leave, then all the lights will turn from hope…to sorrow.”
"Lights! The lights that are floating around us?” She weakly nodded, “Each of those lights represents the hopes and wishes of someone in the other world. The world so close, yet so far away. Do you remember now? You are one of those lights yourself… Soon you’ll disappear from here, and wake up in the other world. You’ll have new experiences and meet many wonderful people. Finally, you’ll see me again too…”
Suddenly, a soft, calming and melodious tune reached my ears, “Hang on… I know that song!”
The girl smiled, “You should, and it’s the song you always sang to me in our other lives.”
In a split second, my junk-pile body was hauled into the air, being torn away from the girl who lay implanted in the snow. I had no idea what was happening to me as the beastly wind ate away at my rusting body.
“Thank you for your time with me, I appreciate it. You are such a good robot… I guess this is Goodbye for now…”
My body was pulled to a state of nothingness.
The girl smiled, her life was fulfilled. Slowly, her body dissolved into thousands of tiny lights, her hopes and wishes now free of their limits. Her last words were barely a whisper carried along the horizon.
“Until we meet again…my friend…”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!