Shronbuirra

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

It all started when Snow White bit into the juicy, red, poison apple. The evil witch didn’t know that this poison could take you places outside the galaxy, far, far away from Earth. As Snow White took a deep bite from the apple, she was taken to an amazing place outside our big universe called Shronbuirra.
The galaxy from her point of view looked like a colourful mess. The trip was long and monotonous. After a very boring, quiet trip she finally arrived in Shronbuirra.
As her little feet landed softly on the ground, she was astonished to see small animal like creatures greeting her with a song. “Welcome to Shronbuirra”, they sang. ‘The place where dreams come true. Please meet our ruler the king, he’s waiting at the palace for you”. A tiny baby animal came towards her and said that he was a crocoburra. In his arms he was holding an even smaller creature that said he was a snakie.
Snow White had nothing to say so she followed the creatures on the crystalized sugar bridge over the chocolate fudge lake. They galloped over the sour strap rainbow, under the red clouds and they swam through the blue jelly sea.
After all this they all arrived at what looked like a fantasy. It was white with patches of diamonds in the middle. They came to two big golden doors, which opened like magic by themselves. Inside the walls were sparkling with gemstones. There were pictures of beautiful butterflies on the door to the room.
Those doors also opened. A shiny red, satin carpet was in the walkway. Snow White felt very special walking on a red carpet, towards the king of Shronbuirra.
“Oh thank goodness you are here”, the king said with a worried look on his face. “She is coming. We must leave immediately.” “Who is coming, when” asked Snow White, but the king was already dragging her out of the room.
The king finally answered saying that Streppera is coming. Snow White keeps repeating who is Streppera, who is Streppera. “Streppera”, says the king, “is the princess living in the evil kingdom”.
A long time ago Streppera’s father Isaac and the King Nicholas were best friends. Then came the day that they all needed a ruler, so Isaac and Nicholas sat down for a game of chess. They declared the winner to be the king of Shronbuirra. At the last move our king won. Isaac was furious and never forgave Nicholas. Isaac’s heart shrank smaller that day and something changed inside him. He moved to the dark forest and made himself the king of this kingdom. Since then the two kings haven’t talked or seen each other.
“Isaac has decided to take over our kingdom, imprison all the people and he has sent his daughter Streppera to do it”. “Well, we have to do something. Come on. Lets go,” says the king. Snow White asked where they are going, but again the king is already dragging her out of the room. They are going to the underground palace. A place where only people who live in the kingdom know about. It isn’t a dream, but it will do for a while.
One day later Streppera was making her way down the path to the palace. Boom boom boom. As soon as the guard saw her coming he warned everyone to go to the tunnels. Everyone sprinted to the tunnels hoping to be safe. “So you know the plan”, says the king to Snow White. “Yes”, she answers. “One, two oh no you missed it”, yelled the king.
Snow White gasps. “What now”. The king explains he has no magic nor does anyone else.” You are the only one who can save us now”. ‘Me!, I can’t do anything,” screams Snow White with a shocked tone in her voice. Then the king explains Snow White has magic. She has already used it. “It’s the magic inside your heart which you used to get here along with special poison”.
“Please help us”, said a little voice behind the big crowd. Snow White thought for a moment. “I’ll do it, but only if you help me get home”. The king agreed and they made a new plan to save the people of the kingdom. “Everybody to positions please”, orders Snow White. One... Two... Three GO!. The whole city ran towards Streppera with Snow White leading the group. “STOP!!!” she screams. “What do you think you’re doing here”, says the king. “You know exactly what I am here for” she answers with a sassy tone in her voice. Snow White asked her to leave awfully nicely, but she refuses to go.
Then Snow White feels something she had never felt before. Suddenly sparkle bombs squirt out from her chest. They push Streppera back into the woods saving the kingdom and herself as well. The king then says “while you were making a new plan, I invented a potion to send you home”.
Snow White was more than excited to hear those words. A teeny, tiny creature walked slowly towards Snow white and begged for her to stay. Snow white rubbed her cheek and said “I’d love to stay, but I’ve got to get home to see my family and friends.
“Just tap your nose, jump up and down twice, click your fingers and drink the juice, says the king. The sooner that Snow White did that and she woke up to a handsome prince. So now you know the kiss from the prince was but a coincidence and the king really woke her up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!