Rainstorm

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

Dark clouds gathered. A flash lit the sky up briefly, followed instantaneously by a thunderous roar of incomprehensible noise. A torrent of rain pelted the ground like bullets, starting the downpour of the clouds tears. Another flash illuminated the dark blanket of night. The roar of outraged thunder was followed by more bright lightening setting the foreboding rain clouds ablaze as if in a dazzling light show. A glint of glistening white fell to the earth followed by another, and soon the sky was a kaleidoscope of flickering crystals as hail stormed down. The ground, pelted by hail and rain, soon became covered in dark, earthy brown puddles rising with every passing second. A howling wind arose, shredding the trees of their foliage leaving them as bare as skeletons posed in the torrential spectacle. The harsh elements fought with such malicious beauty, thrashing wildly in inhumane phenomena of the environment. After a few hours of the rampant storm the elements softened their blows in to an almost tranquil manner before the rain and hail started to lessen. Rays of buttery, golden light tinged the dark clouds as the storm was ushered away by the promise of sunshine. The last wisps of the clouds kissed the horizon as they drifted off into the distance revealing the warm sun as it greeted the earth, beaming down from the heavens once more. The joyous reunion shed light upon the shadows the storm had cast, fading the dreadful experience to a bad dream of past.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!