I Lived In A Tree: A Koala's Tale Of Deforestation

I live in a tree. This tree is my home.
You live in a house. This house is your home.

I love my home. It is tall and comfortable to sleep in. It has delicious leaves to eat and is surrounded by other beautiful trees. I think my tree is the best of course.

You love your home. It is modern and comfortable to sleep in. It has delicious leaves that you have to clear out of your gutters and rake off your lawn, and is surrounded by other beautiful houses. You think your house could still be better of course.

You see, you now need a home that is closer to where you work and where there isn’t as much traffic. You need a home where your children can run around.
So you decide that your modern and comfortable home just won’t do anymore so you decide to move.

Today was stressful for you. You let strangers into your house to try and sell the home you once loved. You watched from your kitchen people snoop around your home.

Today was also stressful for me. One of you took me out of my tall and comfortable tree. I watched from a small cage a big yellow monster tear down my tall tree that was comfortable to sleep in. The delicious leaves that I used to eat fell onto the ground below, surrounded by other beautiful trees. I can’t see if mine is still the best of course.


I lived in a tree. That tree was my home.

You live in a house. It is brand new and is almost as tall as my tree that once stood there proudly. You love your home.

I loved mine.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!