Falling

I was falling and falling fast. I didn't know where I was, what I was doing or... anything. My long, black hair wrapped around me blocking my vision, the air filling my lungs so rapidly was enough to make me choke, my eyes were stinging and I thought there were going to burn straight through my skull, but just as I thought I was going to hit the ground I woke up. I was covered in cold sweat and sat bolt upright in my bed. It was the dream again, the one I'd been having for months on end. I looked at my clock, great, it was about midnight and I hadn't been having a good sleep in a long time. I tried to clear it from my mind and sat on the end of my bed. The note i'd been given anonymously only a few weeks ago was clasped in my hands and I read it again for about the millionth time now, 'When you think you're at your journeys end that's when you know it is to begin, in the forest you will fall only to then rise above all.' After months of thinking it through I decided to follow my instincts and they were telling me to go to the only forest I knew, the forbidden forest. I lived on a massively large block of land out in the countryside and it was really nice besides the creepy, looming forest at the end of my garden past the little stream. Yep, the Forbidden Forest was at the end of my garden. I'd packed all the things I needed ages ago, I knew myself too well, so I quietly snuck out of my house and with my bag on tight and my head held high I ran into the forest.
It was dark, damp and cold but I kept going and didn't look back, somehow I knew where I was meant to be and the feeling was pulling me further and further through the forest until I was sure I would never find my way out again. I stopped and turned my head hearing a loud noise and suddenly feeling very scared I stepped backwards only to trip over a tree root and cut my leg, it wasn't a little cut either, this one was really bad and I winced at the pain it caused me. Damn, I'd forgotten bandages. There were glowing red eyes looking right at me and I heard snarling, ignoring the pain in my leg I got up and ran for my life and not looking where I was going I fell only this time I wasn't hitting the floor, I was falling off of a cliff. I tried to grab something, anything to stop what I knew was going to happen but there was no use. I was falling and falling I couldn't see where I was and was preparing for the bitter end only it never came....

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!