Bad Weather, Bad Day!

What a bleak day it was!
The wind, razor-sharp as it swept ruthlessly along, snatched fiercely at anything which lay in its way and tossed triumphantly before it a motley array of unresisting objects. From a dull, greying sky, light rain fell intermittently, adding to the dreariness and discomfort as it, too, was blown northward.

As noon approached, the sky became a leaden canopy from which sheets of blinding rain fell ceaselessly. In all directions lay sodden piles of debris, the forgotten playthings of a dying wind whose last icy breath increased misery.

It was not until the day was well-advanced that the break came. Above, the clouds were slowly clearing, allowing brief glimpses of a faint blue sky beyond. A strange hush descended upon the dank, shivering earth with a wan smile as the day departed and an early darkness closed serenely around us.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!