Happiness

I had travelled everywhere. Tokyo, Hawaii, London, Brazil. Everywhere, searching for it. Searching for the part of me I had been missing for a very long time. In Venice, I searched for it in the beauty of the canals. In Berlin, I scoured the remnants of the Wall, disheartened when I couldn't find it. In Athens, I stared at the incredible view from the top of the Acropolis, yet my happiness still didn't come back for me.
Eventually, I gave up. After years of searching, I came home. I saw my family for the first time in eight years, yet I did not feel anything. They hugged me and cried for me, but still my happiness had not come back for me.
One day, I met an amazing person who was supposed to have brought me happiness back to me. But they didn't. I married them though, as I knew I couldn't regret anything more than letting my happiness run away from me.
We had two children, neither of which could lure my happiness back to me. I was constantly surrounded by my family and friends, yet I had never felt more alone.
Finally the day came. The overall pain of loneliness consumed me and I took one too many sleeping tablets. Death was welcoming. It brought me in with open arms, guiding me to the dark abyss of the afterlife. As I watched my family mourn for me, I felt a strange feeling. My happiness had finally come back for me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!