Venom Red Poison And Scarlet Black Blood

My best friend, Josh, picked up his blade and continued to reveal red from beneath his skin. Every time that shiny, silver edge would meet his skin, his scarlet blood would ooze out. He was not always like this. My name is David and today, I reveal his story.

Before Tyrone and his followers started to push him around and bully him, he was a confident and cheery guy that was always fun to hang out with.. James always had a passion for little things such as video games and TV, and now, he only enjoys the feeling of unveiling his blood with a knife.

“Hey Joshy!” I call out when I reach his house after another day of tiring school. That was my nickname for him.

I bang on the door. “Open up!”

I hear the shriek of his old wooden door and finally see his face. He looks directly into my eyes, and I see something that I rarely get nowadays, a smile.

“Come in Davey!” he exclaimed. That was my nickname.

He motioned me to enter his house, and I obeyed his orders. I trailed the path behind him and we entered his room together. It was a complete pig sty.

“Have a seat, I’ll grab some chips and boot up the X-box.” He was true on his word as he opened up a pack of crisps then turned on his console.

“Josh, that’s not why I’m here.” I remark.

“What, don’t you wanna hang out with me anymore?” Josh yelped at me. He was always good on jumping to conclusions like that.

“No, it isn’t that at all actually. I want you to come back to school. It’s not the same as it used to be. Where’s my buddy when I need him?” I reply.

“You know exactly why I’m not going back, and quite frankly, I am getting very sick of all of this.” He is beginning to tear up. “It’s unfair! I want all of this to stop!” He snatches the blade he has used to slice his skin open many times. I smack it out of his hands. He explodes into tears and wraps his arms around me. “I can’t take this anymore!”

After about fifteen minutes or so he sobers up a little and we release each other. “I think I will be okay for now. Just give me a few seconds.” He exclaims. I give him a nod and he exists the room.

Roughly five minutes go past. I start to get curious and leave the room myself. I see the bathroom door slightly open with a note on the door stating “I wasn’t okay.” I get extremely worried. I slam the door open only to see a lifeless Josh and a reddish looking bottle with a skull on the label. My best friend had taken his life. My best friend had committed suicide. I cupped my hands onto my face and bawled out crying.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!