Katie Meets A Cowgirl

“Clash! Clash! Cling!” Came a weird noise from Katie’s bedroom. “What was that?!” Katie said to herself. She raced into her bedroom and found a note that said: READ ME. Katie Flipped over the note and read what it said aloud: “Have you ever wanted to meet a character from the past or future, well here’s your chance with your very own time machine, Press future or past to meet someone from your choice. Enjoy!” She read. She lifted her eyes from over the piece of paper. Her very own time machine! Katie was shocked. “Which one, Past or Future?! Well, meeting someone from the future could be fun, especially seeing all the new technology, But a blast from the past sounds really cool! I think I might go with that!” she exclaimed. She pushed the button that said ‘Past’ and backed away quickly. Nothing happened. “Well, I guess it just isn’t real, didn’t believe it anyway!” sighed Katie.
But Meanwhile, somewhere in 1856 something else was happening.
“Oh no Sheriff! I’ve lost my horse! How ever am I going to hunt down cattle without my horse? What am I going to do? I guess I’ll do it by myself! Pew pew pew!” babbled an Unsettled cowgirl. She continued to shoot the cattle until her colour started to fade. She was slowly disappearing! “Oh no! Sheriff help me!” she cried but no use.
Back in 2015…
“Clog! Clam! CRASH!” Came another strange noise from Katie’s bedroom. “Ok! That definitely wasn’t nothing!” cried Katie. She raced to her bedroom to see what the commotion was. And there there was, the cowgirl from the 1850’s in Katie’s bedroom. “Who are you?” asked Katie. “Howdy Partner, I’m Cowgirl Callie, and where am I?” replied Cowgirl Callie. “You're actually in my house which is pretty strange considering I have never met you before,” explained Katie. “Oh uh.. ok then,” said a confused cowgirl. “Well anyway, I really like your house, it looks like a place from the future!” cried Callie. “Well, after all it is 2015,” said Katie. “Hahaha! Nice one! You're having a laugh right?” asked Callie. “No it really is 2015! I’m not joking!” said Katie. “Well, you must be kidding because it’s not 2015! Obviously! It’s 1856, of course!” Callie Explained. “I’m positive I’m not joking! You're in the future!” exclaimed Katie. “I’m in the future?! I have to tell Sheriff about this!” cried Callie. “So do you want me to take you back to the past in my time machine?” asked Katie. “Not just yet, I think I will stay in your ‘Future Home’ for a while,” said Callie. “Sure, no problem, I would love you to stay!” agreed Katie. “Well, thank you partner!” cheered Callie.
The girls had much fun and played all day until Callie had to go.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!