Tale Of A Migrant Student

As a migrant student in Australia I know how hard it is to leave your home country to a faraway land where you don’t know anything, a place where you never been before. Has this situation ever happened to you? Well, here is my tale as a migrant student.
I was born in Bangladesh as a normal baby, after a while I was gasping like a fish out of water. My grandma noticed that and took me straight to the doctor who gave me oxygen then I started breathing normal.
When I was 3 years, my dad went overseas for higher study and we were living at my grandparent’s house. I started preschool over there. One day my dad informed that Australian immigration granted his application as permanent resident so we need to go to Australia soon. My dad came back from overseas and started planning for Australia.
On the day of our journey, I got into the car and had a look at my relatives, will I ever see them again? I saw tears on in their eyes. My dad told the driver to start the car and the journey started to the land called Australia!
After a long trip, we arrived at Sydney. It is so different than where I was, so exiting, but I was so afraid of everything new and never left my mum’s hand. We queued up at immigration and the officer was talking with my dad, then she came down from her seat to see me and my sister. She said hello to me with her beautiful smile, I felt so warm and welcome with Australia.
We were received by our grandparents whom I never seen. They were treating with us as we were treated by our grandparents at Khulna. I was having lots of fun at this new country.
After a couple of days I was taken to a school. I was curious and was afraid of being in an environment where everyone is unknown. I was taken to kindergarten class where my first teacher Ms Leonard welcomed me in a very kind way. I was still afraid, my eyes were towards my mum who was at the door. I wasn’t understanding anything, not only because of language but also for my uneasiness in a completely new situation.
School here is really fun. Teachers are more friendly than I had experienced. Classmates are so nice to make myself comfortable in the new environment. All of them helped me to become familiar with Australia.
I understand my parents brought us here for a better life, but I miss my days at Bangladesh. I miss the guava jam made by my grandmother, I miss my relatives and my friends. I understand that my parents miss many things they left behind. I also understand that we’ll overcome all the pains if I could be a good citizen and could achieve a success in Australia.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!