Oblivion

For sixty five years I have ruled this empire. Generals and kings have melted my command, but a darkness comes, the blood tied rises. These are the closing days of the third era, and the final hours of my life. In the shadow of an evil, from the ashes of an empire, a hero will rise. The Oblivion Gates have been opened, the battle has begun. The fate of the world wrests in the hands of one. I must find him so he can close shut the jaws to Oblivion!!!

I am the emperor of this era, and I had a vision of one of the prisoners in my dungeon. He was foretold to be the one that will close the gates to Oblivion. I made my way through the dungeon looking at prisoner after prisoner, but none of them looked like the one in my vision. I started to real a bit disappointed, but then I just remembered that there was a separate prison sell in the guard tower. I rushed over hoping it was him. I looked at his face it, it was him. I explained to him that he was the only one that can close the gates to Oblivion. He was a bit confused and surprised when I told him, but he then told me that he's name is Sam, that he is twenty two years old, that he was in prison for steeling a horse, and that he came from another empire where the Oblivion gate first appeared. He is told me that evil was poring out burning down the howl empire. Likely he escaped.

After we finished discussing everything I opens a secret door in the prison sell which led to the imperial sewers. We both walked through the sewers until we got to a point where I chucked Sam a sword. I said be prepared to fight because there are bandits. We fort threw one after another until they where all dead. I explained to Sam that I was going to be killed very soon. I gave him my magical amulet and told him to take it to my son, he will help you to close the gates to Oblivion. Sam you must do this for me, goodbye for now.

Now I am no more then a ghost, evil broke through the sewer wall staged me in the back and ran off. Sam must carry on in my place an close the gates to Oblivion.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!