I Am The World Champion!

I am the World Champion!

I had entered the largest motorbike freestyle competition for my chance to win the $1 million prize money. Every top rider was there, but I was determined to prove that I was the best and take home the money.

I sat on the top of the ramp and looked out over the crowd. I was so high up the people below looked like ants, but I could hear them roar, cheering me on and giving me the encouragement I needed.

I checked my helmet and strap one last time, put my foot on the pedal and revved the engine. Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I leaned forward over the edge of the ramp. I put the bike in to gear and twisted the accelerator. My bike jumped forward off the ramp with all the power I was going to need to perform my trick.

At a ferocious speed I flew down the ramp and up the other side, lifting in to the air like a rocket. I twisted high upside down to perform my triple back flip, trying to keep my eyes on the ground so I knew where to land and wouldn’t crash. The crowd was going wild and I was sure if I landed this trick perfectly, the prize money was mine.

On the final flip my bike came closer and closer to the ground. I flipped my back tyre around and landed hard on the dirt of the course, kicking up dust behind me and skidding slightly. My heart was beating so loud and fast I couldn’t hear the crowd anymore, just my heavy breathing and the drumming in my ears. I managed to save myself and brought the bike to a stop near the crowd. I raised my fists in to the air and the crowd screamed my name.

I had completed the trick and the competition and prize money were mine. The crowd raced forward to congratulate me and lifted me on to their shoulders, carrying me to the winners stand. Today I had made history and I was over joyed to be sharing it with my fans.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!