How Fairies And Mermaids First Met

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

Once upon a time there were three fairies called Alyssa, Emily and Alex. Alyssa and Emily are twins, however Alyssa is a water fairy and Emily is a garden fairy because their parents belong to a different part of the meadow. Alex is a fast flying fairy and he has been a friend of the two girls since they were two. Alyssa and Emily have red hair, brown eyes, green and blue dresses, pink and turquoise wings and purple and blue shoes. Alex wears a white shirt, green pants, brown shoes and he has yellow hair and brown eyes.
Alyssa, Emily and Alex go to the sea because the library is underwater. Emily and Alex have a potion called The Majestic Water Breathing Potion to help them breathe underwater. They all jump on Alyssa’s count to three. When they get to the library they chose three chapter books. When they dashed out of the library they got out their books and started reading, when suddenly two mermaids swam to them and said “What are you reading.” “I’m reading The Abandoned Kitten,” said Alyssa, “I’m reading about librarian fairies” Emily interrupts. “And I’m reading about exercise” Alex calls. “My name is Aneliese and this is Sam,” she said. “What are your names?” Sam asked. “My name is Alyssa and this is Emily and Alex” Alyssa replies. “Cool, what type of fairies are you?”Aneliese asked. “I’m a water fairy, Emily is a garden fairy and Alex is a fast flying fairy.” “Cool.” Sam said. “Do you want to play with us?” asked Sam. “Sure!” the three fairies said together. “What do you want to play?” asked Aneliese. “Swim & seek” suggested Alyssa. “Yeah good idea.” Sam said. “Ok” everyone agreed. “I’ll tell you how to play” Aneliese insisted. “Ok” they said happily.
“So this is how you play:
1. Someone has to count to ten.
2. When they are done counting to ten they try and find you.
3. Don’t move when you are in your spot.
4. When you are found the person in has to catch you.”
“Ok,” everybody shouts. “I’ll be in first,” Alex offered. “Ok!” They all agree. So Alex Counts while the others swim to a place to hide. Alex stops counting and tries to find them. He checked behind the coral and found Aneliese. Then they found everybody else in the same spot! “Ok” “That was a great game,” Alyssa laughed. “We had better go home now,” Emily explained. “Sure, we’ll come with you,” the mermaids said. “Ok” Emily said. So the five went to the surface, “Thanks for coming, I hope we can visit again sometime,” the fairies said. “We can visit each other,” said Sam. “My mum said if you have already visited somebody you can visit them again,” Sam continued. “Where will we visit?” asked Emily. “Here” Alyssa said. “Right” Emily says. “Bye” they all say.
And that’s how the mermaids and fairies first met. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!