Neil On Top Of The Moon

3, 2, 1 blast off. And that was it. Neil wasn’t going to see Earth again for another 20 years.
Sweat dripped off Neil’s forehead and onto his cheeks. At least he thought it was sweat. Neil couldn't think straight. All of his life he had wanted to become an astronaut and now his dream was finally coming true.
Something wasn't right, he didn't feel like he wanted to be there. All he could do was exercise and Face Time his wife as much as possible.
After 1 year, Neil was starting to get used to his fellow astronauts and not everything seemed to remind him of his life back on Earth. He was starting to enjoy the scenery of space. Neil loved watching stars blow up. Even though he was a very sophisticated man, he still had a little bit of childishness in him.
Neil was literally floating for joy when he was told that they would be reaching the moon in 48 hours. Joy quickly turned to anxiety as Neil knew that if something went wrong with the rocket while he was on the Moon they would have to leave him there. Those were the dangers of being an astronaut.
Neil grabbed the American and NASA flag as he saw an amazing moon float right in front of his eyes. He had, had 10 years to think about what he would say when it got to this moment but nothing meaningful came into his head. As he pushed the two flags into the moon, these famous 10 words were said, “One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind!”
Neil couldn't have been happier in his life. He was over the moon, literally. “Neil we have to go. Something has gone wrong.” Neil had no time to think. His wonderful journey on the Moon was over and he needed to get back to the rocket before he was left there. Neil got to the rocket in time but his colleagues had a lot of explaining to do. It turns out that if Neil had been on the Moon for any longer they wouldn't have had enough fuel to get back to Earth.
Neil couldn't believe it. He would be home and safe in 4 weeks. He couldn't wait to see his son Joel, and more importantly his wife Sarah. Neil is now a legend. He is an inspiration to aspiring astronauts and anyone in general. Neil is an amazing man and his journey to the Moon has a special place in worldwide history.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!