Bad Day

BAD DAY

As i walk backwards I slowly come face to face with the wall nowhere to run nowhere to hide what to do. I try and hide myself in the shadows I look up trying to hide myself even more and i see a vent.I get excited and scared at the same time I have to make a run for it.

I bolt as fast as my arms and legs can possibly go I jump and grab hold of the insides of the vent I am relived. I dangle for a couple of seconds until I hear a loud roar and I realize that I am dangling from the vent and I am not in the vent.

I should have thought this plan through I don’t have enough arm strength to pull myself up.

I hear a louder roar and I say aloud and i don’t want to be lion lunch either.I slowly look down below I see its big furry main and its large pointed teeth with its drool dribbling down its chin.
I pull….its useless I will die I don’t have anyone to save me. I hear a creek I scream the lion takes its eyes of me and runs towards a padlocked door. A man in all black clothing with only his face to be seen but in this darkness I can’t see his face. I hear a flick and the room lights up with a yellow glow he has a big chunk of red steak or some type of meat in his hand and he chucks it right under my feet like he wants the lion to eat me aswell. I was too busy looking at what had just happened to realise what this place actually was I take my eyes of the lion eating right under me and face my head the other way i see a glass panel that has people staring right at me.This place looks so familiar in fact so familiar that i Know this is taronga zoo.I look back down at the lion its almost finished its meat I look up to see the man but instead there are three of them in protective clothing telling me to remain calm. they jump and catch the lion and put it in a cage.The three men look at me with a funny look they say come on let’s get you home ok, i look at them with confusion there not even going to ask me if I’m ok any way all I’m happy for is that they came in and saved me.
The men took me home.I told my mum about the whole thing the only thing that i don’t get is how i got to the zoo all that i can remember is walking back and coming face to face with the wall and then jumping into the vent. well that’s for another days working out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!