Late For Work

He sleepily emerged from the cave and lazily opened his eyes…
He had a big yawn and looked at the calendar with a big scream.
“It’s Monday, I am so late for work. Work starts at 6 o’clock but it’s 9 o’clock. My boss will kill me!” So he flew into the air like a bolt of lightning on the dark grey sky. But something terrible happened. The police dragon caught him speeding across the sky. So he got a fine.
“What four thousand dollars, that’s as much as my cave cost me to buy.” I am sure I was not going that fast across the sky.”
“Well that’s how fast you were speeding,” said the police dragon.
“I am so sorry that I was speeding that fast in the grey sky and I am sorry again that I was speeding like a bolt of lightning, I was just flapping my wings just a bit too fast because I am so late for work.”
“Okay but on Monday you need to pay the money to the bank and you better pay it or else you will need to pay extra money. So go slower okay!”
So Mr Dragon went slowly all the way to his job.
“Okay time for the boss to kill me.”
Then the boss came out of the big cave and said, “Perfect timing you remembered that we started at 11 o’clock today.”
“Thanks boss,” said Mr Dragon.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!