Twins In Revenge

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

Oh no! Today was April Fools Day, which is the worse day ever because I knew that my twin sister Ruby would have plans to play pranks on me. Last year for example, she put salt in my water and yes it was pretty disgusting. So this time, I, Sophie Wilson intend to get back at her! I know it's mean but she’s been doing it to me for years and now it's time for me to get revenge!
So, this morning I put tomato sauce in her milk to make it look like strawberry milk. I even put a strawberry on the cup to make it look realistic. I took it to her room and said “Hey Ruby, would you like some strawberry milk?”
She happily took the glass and tasted it but then screamed her head off “yukkkk, what was that?” she said, with disgust in her voice. “Just you wait” she screamed, “I will get revenge.”
She was so angry her face went as red as a tomato as she stormed off to find a nasty prank to play on me.
Later that day I was enjoying my bath when SPLAT, a huge pile of cream landed on my head…ewwww, it was shaving cream!
The pranks continued during the day. Next she put a numbing paste on my toothbrush. It made my mouth so numb and it tasted disgusting.
I was so silly not to realise the next prank. Well, it wasn’t really a prank, it was the silliest thing she had ever done in all these years.
Ruby put peanut butter on my sandwich. She even camouflaged it by putting jam around it. “Here is your jam sandwich for lunch Sophie” she happily said. I took a small, graceful bite and instantly I could feel my throat and mouth swelling. It felt like there was a big balloon in it and the itchiness stung like a bee on my face. Ruby yelled for mum who came running in with a concerned look upon her face. As soon as she saw the condition I was in she instantly called for an ambulance. I remember seeing the brightness of the ambulance lights flashing and hearing their sirens as they came in the driveway of my house.
As they were putting me in the ambulance to take me to hospital Ruby suddenly realised that the prank she pulled could have seriously hurt me and she thought how sad it would be not to have a sister. Mum and dad were very angry with Ruby and explained again to her the seriousness of my peanut allergy.
I had to stay in the hospital overnight while they checked me out.
When we came home Ruby gave me a big cuddle and said “I’m sorry for all those bad things I did today.” I said I was sorry too and we forgave each other.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!