Surviving The Tower Of Terror

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

I had been waiting for this day for weeks, I am going to Dreamworld. I was terrified of Dreamworld because my Dad had been showing me videos of this ride that was called the Tower Of Terror.
At the gate of Dreamworld I was looking at the Tower Of Terror in fear. My Mum and Dad were there. My sister was standing next to me trembling. When we got in the line there was no going back. I heard booming and screaming from the front of the line. When it was our turn I couldn’t believe I had put myself in this position. I felt so nervous. I was trembling all over. I was trying to think of anything to distract myself from what was coming up. My heart was racing and my tummy was stiff like stone with fear. I looked beside me to my Mum to make me feel better but she looked more scared than me.
The staff asked us to take a seat. I sat down stiffly. Suddenly the harness came down quickly. I hoped the harness would stay put and that I wouldn’t slip out. A siren started up like a fire engine. A serious voice boomed a countdown 3, 2, 1 and then there was silence. BOOM! AHH! One second we were in a tunnel and then we were in bright daylight at the top of a 100 metre tower. I screamed loudly, I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. At the top I breathed in while I hung upside down. Then I was shot back down as fast as a rocket. The ride was all over in about five seconds flat. I huffed and puffed. I had survived the tower of terror.
I felt relieved it was over. But when it was the end of the day I wished I could do it again. That was the best day EVER! When I go to sleep now I think of the lovely memories of Dreamworld and the fun I had on The Tower of Terror.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!