Invaders

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?
Questions began to erupt in Katelyn's mind while illuminating the suspicious town. The street lights flickered and shadows began to appear, forming a bewildering figure. The harsh wind enhanced and dragged the rustle autumn leaves. Images began to build a peculiar object the more Katelyn glanced around. She distinguished an intimidating abandoned house that casts a gloomy shadow. The petrifying house decayed while the shattered massed windows chipped off. As she was glaring, her body began to shiver, as if she had turned into a statue of ice.
Doubts started to create a major impact on her future. Katelyn scrammed noticing a reluctant figure behind her innocent mind. She quivered while escaping the darkness that followed her through the pitiful wind. She suddenly found a white scratched, folded paper that inscribed her name. The suspense acquired her attention to leaf through the letter, so she clenched the paper.
'An everlasting happiness will not last
All of this will be stored in the past,
Hope and faith will be concealed
The cause of all crucial tragedies will be revealed.'
The appealing message gave her a violent fright. Katelyn regretted what she read while misperceiving everything. The note lingered in her sweaty moisturized hands. Gradually tears began to form in the corner of her delicate eyes. Her tears slowly dripped onto her ripped denim blue jeans, like a leaf dancing in the chilly wind. As that happened the mist evaporated and her surroundings disappeared. Anxiously, Katelyn sauntered to go in the right direction.
Eternity depended on Katelyn's hands. She left petrified with her dull shadow encountered by another.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!