Vampire Secrets

1. The first day of school, a love note, and a recipe with a significant mistake.
My name is Emily, and this is the story about the day my life changed forever.
I am just your typical normal teenage girl who goes to school, and gets picked on because she’s a nerd who likes Maths and French. Somedays I can understand why I get picked on, but MOST days I don’t get it at all, I mean, who doesn’t want to learn about equations and how to speak French, ~wait~ so Ok maybe I am a bit of a nerd, but what I like is my own opinion. Anyway back to the story.
It was the first day of school and as usual, I was getting picked on. It was finally nearing the end of the day and we all went to our lockers to get our books and go home, and just as I thought that today could have ended well, the school bullies came at me AGAIN!! After they left, I opened my locker and a piece of paper fell out, I picked it up and read it. It read; ‘To my dearest Emily, meet me at the fountain, in the park at 4:40pm. P.S Come ALONE!!’ I was shocked, this must be a secret admirer! I called Mum and told her I was going to be home late, but I didn’t tell her why. I had to hurry, it was already 4:25!
When I got to the fountain, no one was there, I started thinking that the school bullies were trying to prank me or something. Then I found another note with my name written on it, and inside it said; ‘Dearest Emily, I see that you have a curious mind, here is my Chocolate and Strawberry Swirl Cupcake recipe. Hope you enjoy! Love Lester’. I felt sick to my stomach, of all the people in the world, Lester was my secret admirer! YUK!!! Lester is this no good guy who writes random girls love letters and lures them into, what most people say ‘into his love spell’ but I think that it’s a load of rubbish! But on the other hand, the picture of the Chocolate and Strawberry Swirl Cupcake recipe looked delicious!! I might give it a try.
So another boring and hard day at school had just been by, and when I got home, I decided to try to make the recipe. It turned out looking just like the picture, ~sort of anyway~. After 35 minutes of cooling, I decided to try one. It tasted REALLY nice, it was sweet, chewy and moist, I REALLY liked it!!
It was time for bed. Then about 20 minutes after falling asleep, I felt this weird feeling in my stomach, but I just ignored it. Then I woke up at 12:30am and I felt this horrible sharp pain, as if someone was stabbing me. I went and told Mum and she told me that maybe it was just a stomach bug and that I should just sleep on it. So I did. When I went back to bed, I kept on tossing and turning in bed. I tried SO hard to fall asleep, but I couldn’t. I woke up again and by this time, it was 3:02 in the morning. Then I started feeling light in the head and sick to my stomach ~almost as sick as when I found out that Lester was my secret admirer~.
I started seeing a million coloured lights around the room and then all of a sudden, I remember being completely wiped out and everything was pitch black.
When I woke up, I still had a weird feeling, but not in my stomach, but in
my mouth. It felt like there were two knives. When I got to the mirror and
opened my mouth, I was so shocked that I fell over! When I looked again, I noticed that my skin was way more pale then last night when I went to bed, and the sharp pains in my mouth, they were two really pointy teeth. I started thinking of crazy things it could be, so I decided to look online for the symptoms and see if I could find out what was going on. Then this one webpage looked like my answer. It read; ‘Are you getting love letters? Are you getting recipes? Are you feeling sick all night and waking up pale, lifeless and with sharp pointy teeth? Chances are your boyfriend or secret admirer is a vampire and has now turned you into one! Have a nice day!’ I couldn’t believe it, now I know what people meant by a ‘love spell!’
Anyway I’ve got to figure this out one way or another…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!