The Great Gizmoe

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

Gizmoe was woken by the evil laugh of the great Ganondorf. Gizmoe opens his eyes still half asleep and asks, “What is going on?” as he sits up he sees Ganondorf’s head walking across the field, so Gizmoe leaps straight out of bed and pokes his head out of the door. Gizmoe tries to listen to what Ganon said but all he heard Ganon say was, “At last I have the three sacred gems.” Than Ganon started walking, but then Gizmoe coughed and Ganon turned around. Then all Gizmoe could see was a flash of light. “AAAHHH! Gizmoe screamed, as he got launched back into his room. By the time Gizmoe got back up onto his feet, Ganon was gone.
Then Gizmoe looks over his shoulder and he can see a fairy flying around and he also sees that he now wields a sword and a shield on his back. “Hello,” said the fairy, “my name is Navi the fairy and I have been sent here to guide you on a journey to save the land of Hyrule.”
“Oookaaayy,” said Gizmoe confused.
“Well let’s get a move on,” said Navi.
So Gizmoe and Navi jumped off the balcony and went off bolting towards the land of Hyrule. While they were running, something weird happened. The land had gone all dark and ghosts looking just like Ganondorf were all popping down from the sky and started forming a circle around both of them. “What do we do?” shouted Navi. Then suddenly there was a cute little laugh from above them and they looked up, only to see that it was a great fairy floating down towards them. The great fairy said, “Come here, I will take you to a safe place that is closer to where you need to go,” then all three of them disappeared. So the fake Ganons disappeared.
When Gizmoe, Navi and the fairy spawned back, they were outside a huge castle with four skeleton monsters that each had a sword and a shield guarding the doorway. The fairy casted a bit of magic, laughed a little bit and disappeared. “What do we do now?” said Navi. Then the skeleton monsters spotted the two of them and started running towards them. So without thinking, Gizmoe pulled out his sword and started swinging it around. Then Navi started trying to distract the other skeletons by flying around above them while Gizmoe was fighting the other one.
Somehow, one had managed to sneak up behind Gizmoe and it leaped at Gizmoe, but failed to hit him because he had a shield on his back. After the skeleton hit Gizmoe on the shield, Gizmoe turned around and slashed it to bits. Once all the skeletons were dead, Gizmoe and Navi ran straight into the castle. As they entered the door, Ganondorf was already there waiting. “Hahaha” laughed Ganon. Gizmoe ran straight at Ganon while he wasn’t paying attention and stabbed him with his sword.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!