The Humans

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

“Quickly run!” yelled Joel. Kasey and Joel had just been collecting dew from the flowers when suddenly the humans came. They had feet like giants and nails like cats, their weight made the ground shiver. So as Joel grabbed Kasey to start running home it was a race against time, before the humans would catch up to them and capture them.
But as Kasey and Joel were running, Kasey tripped and fell. She badly injured her leg. Joel knew they could never outrun them now and not be seen with Kasey. The only thing he could do was find somewhere safe to hide. But where could they hide quickly without being seen? Thought Joel. As Joel was quickly trying to think where he could hide with his hands on his hips Kasey thought of an idea. Seen as we are only as big as a human’s finger we could quickly crawl to the log and not be seen.
“Are you sure you can do it?” asked Joel with a worried look. Kasey said yes so they quickly crawled to the log and hid under it. They could feel the ground shaking for the Human’s massive amount of weight was bearing down on it. They were coming closer quickly, although Kasey and Joel were hidden, they knew they had to get somewhere safer where the humans would never find them. If they found out about our small kind, they would probably end up in a science lab with all kinds of strange people poking and prodding them.
Where could they hide they were in a grass clearing and there was just nowhere to hide. Joel’s heart was thumping, he knew that the humans were coming closer and Kasey’s leg was really sore she could not walk on it. “Hang on I’ve got an idea,” said Joel, “but it might get a bit rough.” “What is it?” replied Kasey. “Well I could quickly jump out of the log and give it a mighty push and then I could jump back in and we would roll down the hill and all the way back home.” “Do it quickly,” said Kasey. So Joel jumped out of the log and pushed the log. “Oh no!” screamed Joel, the humans had seen him and they were coming straight after him. Joel ran into the log, they started rolling but the humans were catching up.
Suddenly the log cracked in half and the human grasped Joel and Kasey in their massive hands. Then they started to raise Joel and Kasey into their mouths. “Ahh! We’re going to die!” screamed Joel and Kasey. Then with a blink of an eye Joel and Kasey were in their beds asleep, it was all a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!