Waking Up As My Rabbit

One sunny morning I woke up and I wasn’t in my comfortable bed. I was in my rabbit’s hutch. I was small with soft brown fur. Oh no, I had turned into my rabbit!
I wanted a glass of milk and warm toast. Wait a minute! If I’m a rabbit, I don’t get milk and warm toast. I get dirty water, floppy scraps and wet grass. Yucky, yucky, yucky. Just then, my little sister came and tipped a bag of floppy scraps on the floor, some hard seeds from the seed box, and dropped them carefully in the red plastic seed bowl. She picked some wet grass and threw them next to the floppy scraps. Heidi filled the dirty water bottle and said “Enjoy!” She walked back inside the house and left me all on my own!
I thought the hard seeds looked like cereal, but, did they taste like cereal? So I tried them. Surprisingly, I liked the taste of it. Then, I scampered over to the dirty water bottle and had a little sip. I only had a little sip because the water looked so dirty with green floaty bits in it.
Then, I hopped up the ramp, snuggled down in the hay and had a sleep. When I woke up, I slipped down the ramp and scampered for a while. I practiced jumping till dark. Finally, I scampered sleepily up the ramp and found a comfy position in the soft, warm hay. I fell sound asleep. When I woke up, I was in my own comfortable bed. Yay, I’m not a rabbit any more. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!