The Icy Voyage

Excellence Award in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

As I say my final goodbyes to my family, I’m ready for the long and hard journey to Antarctica. I get into my old car that I’ve had for ages and start to drive to the dock. It has been ages but I have finally made it to the docks where my boat is. I say goodbye to the town to I’ve lived in as old as the earth. I get into the old, rusty boat and start my exhausting voyage to Antarctica.
After weeks and weeks of sailing, I start to see massive icebergs as big as Mount Everest in the distance then I say to myself, ‘I’ve finally made it.’ I take a delicious sandwich out from my bag and start munching on it, “Yum,” I say. While I’m floating down the ocean, the icebergs as big as Mount Everest, I saw in the past, start to come more visible. I can hear the motors of the boat propelling the boat through the icy and cold water. I change the direction of the boat and head towards one of the massive giants, also known as the iceberg. I walk on the surface, which is really cold and slippery. I pick up a handful of the cold, wet snow and put it in my rusty, old boat to examine it later.
I start cruising on the rough waters to my destination, which is the science lab. I start doing my research on the snow. After weeks or maybe months passed, I have finally finished my research. I start heading back home.
After months of travelling, I’ve finally made it to the docks from where I left from. I get into my car and drive home where my parents are so happy to see me after months.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!