Ankhesenpaaten

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

The beautiful Egyptian Goddess, Ankhesenpaaten, was walking down the silky gold rug. Her dress was flowing, the silver, bronze and gold reflecting on the Sun. "All hail Ankhesenpaaten!" the crowd shouted, with screams and chants echoing in the bright, clear day. The crowd were offering Ankhesenpaaten gifts of gold, silver, and bronze, which were closed up in beautiful and delicate chests. The beautiful Goddess had no time for offerings and hailing - she was noticed from the her Father's servant she had to come over immediately. Ankhesenpaaten arrived outside her Father's Palace in a short amount of time. She was shaking all over - something must off happened to her Father, Ibi. Ankhesenpaaten arrived inside the Palace, running up the marble stairs. She remembered living in the Palace, the Sun shining everyday in her room, the moonlight reflecting on the clear water and the delicious dishes the Chef's cooked each day. Ankhesenpaaten arrived inside her Father's room, Ankhesenpaaten's mother, Shadya, was leaning over at Ibi. "Father! Mother! What's happening?" Ankhesenpaaten said, curious but however frightened at what she saw. "Beautiful Ankhesenpaaten, your Father is very, very ill. We called you over to hand over the Crown to you. But however, you have to find a husband within the next 7 days, or the greedy and evil Goddess and God will be King and Queen." Shedya responds, tears flowing down her eyes. Ankhesenpaaten patted her Fathers forehead "Father, I love you." she says, her eyes tearing up "I do too, Ankhesenpaaten.." Ibi responds, and cries; "All hail Ankhesenpaaten!"

"Are you ready, Ankhesenpaaten?" asks Shedya "Yes, Mother." Ankhesenpaaten responds, and breathes in heavily. She looks over to the crowd, with the Egyptian flags waving high in the sky. "Hello and welcome to the Crowing of Ankhesenpaaten!" Shedya says. The crowd waves their flags high and proud, chanting "All hail Ankhesenpaaten!". "We think our beautiful daughter, Ankhesenpaaten, is old enough to be Queen." Shedya begins "But is required to have a husband in 7 days. Or, the evil God and Goddess will be crowned." The crowed scream, shout and boo. "Ankhesenpaaten, is now Queen!" Everyone shouted with joy. The golden crown was placed on Ankhesenpaaten's head, then shined in the sun.

Ankhesenpaaten was sitting on her throne, watching men explain why they should be her husband. She yawned loudly, and shrugged. "Why! I just want a husband!" she whispered to herself "Oh, Isis, please help me!" Immediately , a handsome man was walking into the Palace, his well-groomed hair and perfectly shaved beard were reflecting in the gaps of the Palace. He then bowed down. "Ankhesenpaaten, be my beloved wife" he asked, his comforting voice making Ankhesenpaaten feel warm "W-W-Who are you?" she asks, slowly standing up "I am Prince Meines. I love you with all my heart. When I heard you were Queen, I was instantly came over. Will you be my wife?" Meines asks, holding out a beautiful, diamond ring. "Y-Y-Yes!" Ankhesenpaaten agreed, and ran up to him, hugged him "Your my Prince Charming!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!