Fantasy Becoming Reality

The cool wind brushed my curly, blonde hair in my face. I kept walking at my usual pace, heading towards the small hill where I sat and watched the sunrise. I didn't know why but I had a hunch that today was going to be unusual. The pinkish purple sky was slowly showing a hint of yellow and the clouds in the East were bordered by a lining of sunshine gold. Its was an amazing sight. My messy bun, done up hastily was bobbing up and down with every step. When I finally reached the top of the hill, I plopped down and took a sip of water and waited for the magic to happen. I was woken from my daydreaming by a familiar ring tone. I took out my phone and looked at the screen. My best friend Lara was calling me so I answered the call. "Hey! What up girlfriend?!" I said in a playful voice. "Crystal this is serious. I'm... moving away to England," Lara whispered and it took me a moment to register her words in my mind. I was completely speechless. Lara's parents did talk about moving to England but I had dismissed the thought of that becoming reality because it only happened in my nightmares. This was really a dream come true, but not a happy one. " We are leaving for the airport in ten minutes. I was up all night packing, " she explained slowly. "But I left something for you at the front of my house. I hope you can be there to say good bye." "I'm coming now," I said without a moments hesitation and hung up. I grabbed my Nike jacket and ran down the hill, stumbling twice. I sprinted in the direction of Lara's house, which was a five minute drive from here but a ten minute run. I thought I ran faster than I had ever run before and I hardly noticed when I smashed into my family friend, Zachary. " Hey Crys..." was all I heard from him before I ran off yelling a quick 'Sorry! Talk later!' behind me. I ran for what seemed like ages and when I reached Lara's house, her red family BMW was gone. "I'm too late!" I thought when I suddenly remembered she had left something for me. I ran to her front garden and on the porch table was a beautiful white rose and I thought I might start crying. This really was Fantasy becoming Reality.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!