Rape Joke

Today when I saw you, I hoped that your body ached and whined as much as mine did.
I waited on a hospital bed while the doctor took an ultrasound of my body. It was just like a movie. The doctor and I were watching a scary movie, terrified, on the edge of our seats, waiting to find the killer. "The rape joke is that you were facedown." They'll say. "The rape joke is that the mattress felt a specific way." The mattress felt a specific way, and your mouth felt a specific way. "The rape joke is that time becomes horrible and habitable, and accommodates your need to venture further." Just like the body, which more than a concrete form is a capacity. Similar to how bruises are mine to poke at and yours to keep away from.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!