Go To Bed

I’m on the couch reading a book when Mum comes in and gives me that look.
“Why aren’t you in bed, young man? I told you to go at 8.00pm.”
Dad comes in to watch some TV… he sits down and looks at me.
“Son, we’ve already said, if you didn’t know… we said GO TO BED an hour ago.”
“But Dad, I’ll fall out of bed and bump my head. I can’t, I can’t, I can’t go to bed!”
“GO TO BED!” Say the two. “OK, OK… but I’ve got homework to do.”
“It’s too late now to do your homework son, and even if you do, you won’t get it done.”
“I have to do it so my grades will rise, and if I do it I might win Nobel Prize.”
I plead and plead and plead and plead.
“Alright,” They say, “Stay up as long as you need.”
I walk upstairs to get my homework sheet, when I feel something wriggle underneath my feet.
I think about what could’ve been there… it was likely a rat for all I care.
I go back to my homework to do some more things… it says write a story about knights, queens and kings.
I finish my homework and go do a wee, then I run up the stairs with my favourite teddy.
I pull the blankets right up to my neck, then grab my homework for one last spell check.
“I know I wanted to stay up and play, but I’m tired and already in bed, OK?”
“I’ve had a big day so just give me a break, ‘cos trust me tomorrow I’ll stay up REALLY late.'

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!