The Follower

2nd in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

I was walking under the crescent shaped moon alongside the diamond blue ocean. Suddenly what seemed to be a small tsunami pounded the concrete barrier to ruins. The wind increased and the crispy water became a monstrous creature.
It followed me, I never knew my legs could run this far without collapsing. I could feel the dead souls besieging my heart. I sprinted and sprinted, until I was cornered. Was my life worth living?
"Think, brain, think!” I thought furiously to myself. I happened to run straight into a garbage can. I hid there for about two minutes, then I felt weightlessness, was I flying?
A cold sensation wiped over me. I could taste crisp water in my lungs drowning me. I felt myself falling faster and faster.
I felt a sharp pain hit me. I felt myself plummeting into the darkness. When I felt light take over me yet again, finally I was awoken in my house, now a ruin.
I heard a voice say to me, “A typhoon hit, we found you on the streets in a garbage bin.” But no-one died. I knew I had felt souls dying. Why, when and how?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!