Sleep Irony

Finalist in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP! It’s time for school!" Every morning it’s a battle. I’m so tired and all I want to do is sleep! I close my ears and pull the blanket over my face. ‘Just a few more seconds,’ I think. But my mother persists. She is like the Morning Monster zooming from room to room. I throw my legs down onto the cold hard floor. I feel weak and jiggly. With my shoulders slouched down I manage to pull myself to the bathroom. Go to the toilet, wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I’m out the door. Now I feel not so tired, but I still wish I could go back to bed. Luckily the Morning Monster is there to make sure I get dressed. Quickly eat my breakfast and then it’s time to go. Here I come, another day at school. Learning, laughing, chat and play. Before I know it it’s the end of the day. The night has crept in so fast, and my mother is screaming "it’s time for BED!"
"Oh no... But I’m not tired, I don’t want to go to sleep," I plead.
"Too bad," my mother says.
I crawl into my cold bed, read my book and force myself to go to sleep. "I hate sleeping," I think. My mum says that I’m being IRONIC - whatever that means!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!