The 14th Day

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition


"OK CLASS!" Shouted Miss Moore. "There is a creative writing competition, I will email you if you are interested, Could I please get a show of hands on who would be interested in competing." There was around five to seven people with there hands up and One of those people was the 12 year old Jade Brewster. She didn't really enjoy much about school, though one of her absolute favourite things was doing creative writing. It made her feel like she could let her imagination run wild while doing some school work. So as soon as Miss Moore said that Jade's hand shot up in a flash. Especially when Miss Moore said if you win there is a $1000 prize! Since Jades family was very poor, she thought it would be amazing to win.
As soon as the home time bell went Jade rushed out in a flash, grabbed her bag and hopped on her bus. She lived pretty close to her school so it took around 10 minutes to get home. She rushed inside to tell her mother. "MUM there is a creative writing competition and if you win you get 1000 dollars! " quickly explained Jade. " Woah slow down, so did you say there was a creative writing competition? "asked her Mum. "Yes Mum , YES!" She said exited. " Well if that's so then why don't you get writing? " asked her Mum. As soon as Jade's mum said that she was off in a flash. Jade had quite neat handwriting so she decided to write it by hand.
After she got all her equipment she found a clear, clean piece of paper, she wrote her name, age, school, grade and address but then she fell into a sudden problem, a problem she had never faced before. What was she going to write about? All her normal ideas had just left her head. Then she thought after hours of thinking " maybe I'm just not supposed to do it today." Then she packed up her stuff and watched some TV. The next day as soon as she came home from school she tried to start again and the exact same thing happened again! She was stuck! It happened again for the following 13 days. Until on the 14th day it clicked she new what she was going to write about!
She would write about a girl who was like her, stuck on ideas on what to write for her writing competition! So Jade being the impeccable author that she was, thought she would write a short story on a girl called Emma who was in the exact same situation as she was.
After some hardcore editing she asked her mum to post it off the the judges. Jade saw the post take it away and hoped for the best......

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!