Darkness Incarnate

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

The sky was dark and no one was out that night, not even the moon, of course, no one dared to be there while she was. She walked slowly along the streets of Melbourne, a lone figure making its way through the blackness of the night. She pulled her cloak tightly around herself and strode down the path.
The girl walked into the police station and pressed the reception bell. A hairy policeman came to the desk. “Hello I’m a hairy policeman, what can I do for you?” He said, or something like that anyway, she wasn’t listening.
“Tell me where Sila Tthinn is, now.” She was here for something and she sure as hell wasn’t leaving without it.
“Sorry madam, but we aren’t allowed to give away the address of anyone. Who do you think you are?”
She let her hood fall back to reveal ebony black hair and eyes so bright that they seemed to suck in all the light so you could only see one pair of emerald green eyes. “I’m Dyagius Nnihtt” She replied in a voice that made tingles run up the policeman’s spine.
His mouth gaped and managed to form the words, “P-please don’t kill me! I’ll do anything!”
“Tell me the location of Sila Tthinn.” Replied Dyagius.
“She’s in an orphanage on the other side of the hill, at the edge of the forest!”
“Many thanks” She said before with a flick of her hand, the policeman was dead.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!