Kidnapped


The sky was azure and cloudless. I was taking a stroll to school whilst enjoying the gentle breeze that blew on my face. “Nothing can go wrong today,” I thought. Out of the blue, a black van came by my side. Three burly looking men jumped out and grabbed me tightly. I tried to struggle out of the grip of the burly arms that wrapped around me. It was to no avail. The men threw a gunny sack over me and tied it very tightly so I could not escape. Then, the van drove out of sight.
The journey was long and bumpy. I was in the bag gasping for air. An hour later, I was turning blue in the face as I was deprived of every single molecule of oxygen. Soon, I fainted. When I came back to my senses, I found out that I was in an old and decrepit van. I overhead one of the men on his handphone demanding a truckload of cash before my parents would get their beloved son back. They were chuckling with glee at the imminent windfall. But that was short lived. The wailing of police sirens renewed the chances of me seeing my parents again. Before the police could nab the men in the van, the engine started rumbling again.
The van went off at top speed. The police car was following in hot pursuit. The monotonous rumbling of the engine made me drift into a restless slumber. After winding through narrow lanes and alleys, the van stopped. The kidnappers surrendered to the police. The officers kicked opened the backdoor of the van. I was saved! Suddenly, one of the men who had been hiding from the police, came and grab me by the ankle and dragged me along the road. He started to cackle. The cackle was deafening but began to grow softer and softer. The cackle was soon replaced with a loud shrill of a banshee.
I woke up. My mother was pulling me by the ankle, dragging me off the bed and screaming at me as I was going to be late for school. I shot out of bed. “How many times do you have to be pull my leg to wake me up? I keep saying that I do not like it!”
When I reached school, I was sent for detention for being late. “If only l had listened to my mum to set the alarm clock each night before going to bed” I thought. Being in dentention was not fun, but that is a whole different story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!