The Spooky Sound

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Oooooooh! Went the strange sound, as the four friends were walking slowly in the dark, dark forest.
Long, long ago, Charlie, Madison, Mark and Matthew were looking for a fun park to play in but they saw a black castle covered in pointy vines instead.
Just then Madison heard the eerie sound again. She whispered softly, "Come on everyone, let's check out what's making the sound."
Charlie hid is face with his hands while Matthew blocked Charlie's ears. All three friends hid behind brave Madison. As she grabbed the squeaky door knob Madison said, "It's not a ghost. It's not!"
They all went inside following Madison into the big foyer. They crept up the creaky stairs of the castle. They were rickety stairs that spiralled up high. There was a big door at the top with a golden handle. They opened the door and saw.......
It was Fluffy the cat. Madison laughed, "It was my pet cat Fluffy all along."
Or was it?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!