War Spy Cockerel

In the early 1900’s, there lived a cockerel named Sam. He was a spy in World War 2. His owner was a soldier named Danny who lived in Germany. Danny was nineteen when he went to war. He had light brown hair that curled when it was wet, he had a goatee and his parents came from Italy. No one knew it, but Sam wasn’t any cockerel, he was a cockerel that could talk! Danny was always very careful about keeping his amazing pet secret; who knows who could hear about it. Often, Sam had nightmares about men in black, tattered suits coming to Danny’s house, breaking through the door, and grabbing Sam to take him away to the pie factory.
Sam’s job consisted of flying to the Eiffel Tower, pretending to be a normal rooster doing normal stuff, taking in useful information, and flying back to Danny at dusk to tell him the info he had gathered.
Once, when Sam had been pecking on the ground, a child threw a stone at him and shouted, “Coq Stupide!” {Which means “Stupid Rooster” in French}. Forgetting that no one could know his secret, Sam had said “AUTSCH!!!” {Which means ‘ouch’ in German}. And several people turned their heads towards him. In a hurry, he had flapped away, holding up his injured leg. That night, he had told Danny, and Danny shouted, “Dummer Hahn! Bist du verrüct? Jetzt menschen wissen, dass sie können sprechen und wir angegriffen warden und wir warden alles verlieren und… und… sie, ich werde ohnmächtig... {Which means: ‘Stupid rooster! Are you crazy? Now people know you can talk and we’ll be under attack and we’ll lose everything and… and… excuse me, I’m going to faint…’ in German} Sam was very ashamed. “Dinge werden vielleicht besser wenn ich gehe…” {Which means: ‘Maybe things will be better if I go…’} And that is what he did. He ran away to the woods thinking he would forget all his mistakes if he was a normal rooster. He walked in the forest, muttering to himself. He came across two squirrels and said: “Guten Tag!” the squirrels were very surprised and ran up the tree trunk, chattering. “Ich werde ni e einen normalen hahn sein. Seufzer.” {Which means: “I’ll never be a normal rooster. Sigh.” in German.} “Sam! Sam! Kommen Sie nach hause! Bitte!” called out Danny’ voice. So Sam went home and as soon as he did, the war stopped. They all lived happily ever.
The End.
~P.S. I know some people don’t like silly little endings like ‘they all lived happily ever after’, but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!