Boy With Computers

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

“Alert, alert” a computerised voice said coming out of my lab. “My microphone has picked up a human sound wave calling your name” I stood in front of my desk chair in my lab and put my controller down. “Guys, I got to go but I’ll play later” I say to my friends through my headset “alright Jordan, will finish the game, see you at school” Tristan said to me and the group “yeah, see you later too” Nathan said after Tristan. I left the group, turned my console off and walk to the stair slowly because I know that it was my mum telling me it was dinner time and we had brussel sprouts, and I really hate brussel sprouts but we also have crumbed chicken which is awesome, my Mum makes the best crumbed chicken.

”Wake up Jordan, you have school!” Mum shouted from the kitchen, I Iook at my alarm clock, I rapidly jump out of bed, quickly sprint to my cupboard nearly tripping on a comic book, grab my school shirt, shorts and socks, put them on and run out the door grabbing my shoes run to the kitchen to eat breakfast. I get the Weet Bix out of the pantry and get the milk out of the fridge. The bowls are under the sink so I have to quickly run over to the sink and get a bowl. I have to reach to the back of the cupboard to get the bowl I grab the bowl and start getting Weet Bix in the bowl and pouring the milk and eat it all in few minute. When I get to school I meet my friends at the maths classroom. “Hey, Jordan!” Nathan yells from the classroom. “Guess what? Instead of math in the morning, we have ICT. So that means we get to have gaming time, so we can finish our game from last night” I come closer, and put my bag down in front of the classroom. “Awesome, but the computers are different, these ones are in an early stage of development” I look at my watch, school starts now and as so as I say that the bell rings.

The class sat down and the teacher walks in handing out the computers. When he’s finish handing out computers he says to the class “open your computers and open ‘welcome to ICT’ and read what it says” but Nathan, Tristan and I didn’t because we were going to finish the game the group challenged us to a rematch and we did that. A couple of minutes and we got caught, we had to go the principal he said “you boys have done this other times so I’m going to have to expel you all” we all seem disappointed but we weren’t, we looked at each other, we knew what happened now. We got picked up and went home and I grabbed my controller and got in the group.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!