Katie Mcwhat

Katie Mcwhat was a 10-year-old girl, she loved horses, but knew very well that she could not get one because her family was poor. She had a sister named Summer who was 13. Her mum’s name was Delia. Her dad’s name was David and he was a book writer but did not get much money from that (and that was why they were poor, and because Katie’s mum did not work).

They also had a dog named Pete who loved going on walks so poor Katie had to walk him. So she was walking Pete across the beach (for she lived in a one story house near the beach) when she spotted her best friend, Natalie who was also walking her dog, Bernice. Kate went to greet her, so did Pete. Natalie and Katie finished walking their dogs, and Natalie suddenly remembered that she had forgotten to tell Kate; she would get to sleep over with Katie tomorrow! Katie and Natalie were now really excited and Katie said they should tell her mum. When they got home, Katie’s mum said hello to Natalie, and then Katie told her mum that Natalie was going to sleep over tomorrow. Katie’s mum said it was fine. Katie woke up the next morning very excited, but then she realized that she still had some homework left. She decided that she would try to finish it before Natalie came. She put on her favourite blouse and put some shorts on and got started on her homework. The last thing in her homework was to make a smoothie and her mum had to score it. She knew that Natalie had to do the same thing (because she was in the same class).

So she thought since Natalie did not have any parents she could ask Katie’s mum
to score hers. An hour passed and then Katie heard the doorbell ring and in came Natalie. Katie told Natalie about the smoothies and Natalie thought that they should start right away, so they asked Katie’s mum if they could do it, and she said yes. Katie did a mango smoothie and Natalie did a strawberry. Katie’s Mum said that they both deserved an A+! So they both got an A+.


THE END


CHARACTER INFORMATION:
Katie Mcwhat: Has brown hair, blue eyes, white skin.
Summer Mcwhat: (first of all let me just tell you that she does not like her name)
Has black hair, brown eyes, and white skin.
Delia Mcwhat (mum): Has brown hair, blue eyes, and white skin.
David Mcwhat (dad): Has black hair, brown eyes and white skin
Natalie Wood: Has black hair, brown skin and was adopted by her uncle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!