The Day Grandma Went Missing

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Hi my name is Mia and I’m going to tell you a story about my grandma.
It was summer and I was going to stay with my grandma with my grandma for a week. There is nothing to do but play with her dog Molly.
“It’s just not fair that you get to see Red Rock,’’ I said to mum and dad. Mum looked at dad and he said, “What do you mean it’s not fair, you will get to see it next year.’’
Then mum said with relief, “We are hear.’’
Grandma came out with Molly. I tried to hide by sitting under the window of the car door but that didn’t work.
Mum and dad drove off. I couldn’t wait till the week was over.
When I got inside I could smell cookies.
Grandma said sweetly, “You can have as many as you want.’’ I ate two they were delicious.
That night the neighbours came for dinner they were very nice. Grandma knows them because she works with them. She never told me what her job was. I always ask her but she never answers.
After dinner I went to bed. I was so tired from the car trip that I fell asleep straight away.
The next morning I woke to find that grandma was missing. I looked everywhere but I couldn’t find her. I looked by the fireplace but I didn’t find her. When I was about to get out of the fireplace and it opens into an elevator. The next thing I know I’m in a room under the house. The elevator went back up and I was stuck there.
I saw a large T.V and when it turned on a lady appeared on the screen, “Who are you?’’ The lady asked curiously.
“I’m Mia. I’m Peg’s grandchild,’’ I said nervously.
She told me that Professor Black had kidnaped my grandma. Then she asked me, “Would you like to be a spy?’’
I said with joy, “Yes!’’
I was so excited I couldn’t wait. The next morning I was ready to go.
I was disguised as one of Black’s minions. She said it was easy to get in.
The neighbours were spies too. I was very surprised when I heard that they were spies.
A few minutes later we were in Black’s hideout. “Now to find grandma,’’ I whispered.
I found a map of the hideout, I followed the map to where they were holding grandma but instead it was a trap. The neighbours helped me defeat them and free grandma.
On the way back to grandma’s house she told me that she was a spy.
The week ended and I went home as a new spy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!