A Banana's Book

2:43 PM, Saturday 2004-

Hi… I’m Benda? I think. I don’t know. I am NOT smart. But when Pippa says Benda I respond. I will stick with it for now. Pippa is a nectarine. Mrs O'brien's FAVOURITE fruit. Lucky I am only in the ‘bowl’ because I was on special at the grocers. The ‘bowl’ is a big, round, silver thing that is my home. Let’s get something straight. Pippa is a friend of mine. But she always complains about me at night. She thinks I’m hard to sleep under. Her best friend is Poppy, and her sister is Pixie. Then there is the big, nasty fig. His name is Fruit. Cheap name, am I right?

2:45 PM, Saturday 2004-

Back to Fruit. If you close your eyes and picture him, you would picture a rough looking guy, and if you did, you guessed his looks right! He is one mean fig, if you know what I mean!! Back to something more interesting. I am an artist. I where a little black hat and I look SWAG! I am always grubby though, but I take showers. Pippa doesn’t. And she’s the one complaining about me! You might think, ‘how do banana’s shower?’ They don’t. They get Tommy the Tomato to wipe us clean with his juice. Sure we smell of tomatoes, but… you know. We live with it!


3:45 PM, Saturday 2004-

Ohhh, you’re still here? I just woke up from a nap. Can I tell you about my dream? I will tell you anyway. I dreamt I was an apple. How weird! Apples are lame and dorky! (No-offense Appie) They get put in pies. I mean, WEIRD! What type of fruit gets put into desserts?! Then I heard a voice.
“Honey, do you want banana muffins?” calls Mrs O’brien.
I AM THE TYPE OF FRUIT THAT GETS PUT INTO DESSERTS! And to make matters worse...
“Sure!” replies Mr O’brien, her husband.


Sometime Later-

Hi. I am Built. Benda’s brother. Benda got baked into banana muffins so we had to say goodbye. Mr O’brien had all that was left of Benda. Even the peel!!! I don’t know what else to say since my brother died. Such a tragic day. BYE!
PS: WHO ARE YOU!!!!?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!