The Last Day Of My Crazy Life

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Boiling hot sand and loud crashes of waves was all that I could hear. I am a $10 note and this the last day in my crazy life. It was a long day of being creased, handed over to millions of strangers and seeing new places. I had been all over the country and had fallen onto the golden sand at the beach. Everyone was running around and a little child picked me up, the child then named me Lucy. So all I could see was deep blue water, bright grainy sand and a lot of children. I knew I was going to be handed over to yet another person, so I was tried to count how many people have held me in my life so all my other friends that are also $10 notes would be jealous. By now, I was thinking that my life would be over as I knew kids would eventually cut me up with scissors or be crumpled up and thrown in the bin never to be seen again. Since I was having these wild thoughts, I then remembered my first day of life at the factory. I woke up and saw all these people, and everyone looked so happy and excited so I thought I was so special but then I looked behind and saw millions and upon millions of $10 notes. I no longer thought I was one of a kind and started to cry, while I was balling my eyes out, I heard this deafening screech coming from a machine that was in front of me. As I fought for dear life, all I remember was feeling dizzy and seeing white. I awoke from my million-year sleep and all these notes were surrounding me, red, green, blue; every single colour of money there is.
“Hello, are you okay?” said a greenish coloured note, looking worried
“Can you please wake up?” screeched another note.
I was confused and dazed at the time and I was pretty sure that I didn't need a gazillion people crowding over me. As I sat up, I realised where I was; in a cash register. Many notes were screaming, some crying and then there were a few who laughed and laughed continuously like they were enjoying it. As I zoned out from my very first memory, I felt this sudden, sharp pain in my lower abdomen; I was being cut up by a little rascal who was just staring into my eyes and was laughing like a monster killing an innocent person. My last few breaths of air filled my lungs as I realised what a crazy life I had; I had friends, people who cared for me and I managed to live longer than a lot of other notes. Then everything went black…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!