Missing

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

It started like another normal day of school, I got up and went to school little did i know that that was all that was normal that day

It was before school Kirsten, Keira, Kiahn, Isabelle, Taryn and I were sitting and talking, of course I wasn't talking, I was just listening to them speak, just as usual. We are sitting in math praying for the bell to go when it does we leave eager to leave "hell" but thats all that was normal that day, and little did I know the last I was to see my friends. Second period on Wednesday is Japanese, we were midway through the lesson when I hear low planes, then the earth moves, as the classroom starts to collapse our teacher yells at us to go to the oval, we exit the classroom to see mayhem students and teachers in panic running to the oval, out of all my friends I find Kiahn, Keira and Jaydean. The others are missing I look to the oval, just as a bomb is dropped onto all the people, all the scared people, except for us.

The cloud of dust is replaced by the cries of the dying, I see a shadow walk towards us, Taryn, hopefully she is fine, we just fall into each others arms seeking shelter from the mayhem. Minutes later we hear truck doors slamming, orders being shouted, so we run and run, we run until we cannot run anymore we run into the forrest with our supplies that we stole from a house that was not being used. we walk further and further into the forrest, and we find a hollow tree so we set up camp in it, we are all so scared of what happen that we fall asleep. I wake to the sound of footsteps and people yelling I wake up the girls and tell them to be silent as I go and scout the forrest. I come back to an empty tree. i start to cry but then I hear more crying, Kiahn is behind the tree, she tells me what happened, they found the others when I had left, Kiahn went to find me and came back with them being dragged away.

Kiahn and I leave the forrest to find our friends, we decide to go and raid a house for supplies, but there was a person in it they grabbed me but I pushed him away he starts to yell, as we make our escape he grabs Kiahn's foot, Kiahn tells me to leave, I don't wan't to leave her there with that man but I leave I hide behind a bush as the army comes to pick up Kiahn, I see them punch her and kick her then push her in the van I see them leave with my only friend left. I will find find them. I follow the truck, I hear Kiahn's screams, i can only be strong now.

1 week later

Through being alone I have had a lot of time to think what if this is the best thing that has happened to me, I have found one of the army bases, where there keeping my friends. All that I have done is plan a way to get them out there. I have had some close calls, like at a local farm I stole some vegetables to eat, the army found me but I kept running. I have not contacted anybody in my family, I constantly fear for my life. I cry at night at the thought that I might never see my family, friends or a random stranger, my dreams at night leave me awake, screaming and crying.

My name is Rhiannon, I am Missing

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!