Family Crime

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Hi, my name is Samuel. You can call me Sam if you want. I have a younger sister called Georgiana. She loves getting evidence from crime scenes. Speaking of crime scenes, my Dad is detective. My Mum is a nurse and I love looking at fingerprints, so we are a detective family.
My sister and I help Dad with the crime scenes, but we have to wait until one’s taken place. Suddenly BRING the phone rang. Dad picked it up and started to speak. "It’s crime scene on Darwin Road. Mr Hutsin’s house! Get in the car, quick!” We zoomed up Darwin Road and soon reached our destination. We exited the car and ran into the house. We immediately saw a dead body on the ground, a knife still in his chest. I examined the blood-soaked knife. My sister bagged it up and took it to the lab. My Dad worked with the body.
I got news from the fingerprints. I had only found the killer’s first name, Kalin. My Dad rounded up all the Kalin’s in the town. There was Kalin Torch and Kalin Rose. Kalin Rose was a full time nursery worker so it wasn’t him. Kalin Torch had a snarl on his face and his eyes glared closely at us. He was definitely a suspect! We took several samples from each one and took them to the lab. As I examined, I found that it wasn’t a Kalin at all, the killer had used someone else’s identity. It was pretty smart but we had to solve this crime. We let free all the Kalins. I sighed, I thought we had him. I was positive it was Kalin Torch. I told Dad that we had to solve this otherwise we wold be a disgrace to our town. Dad certainly didn’t want that, so he told me to go back and investigate further.
As I investigated, I found blood, Mr Hutsin’s blood and other blood, a darker blood. I took it to the lab. It was the killers! He must have cut himself during the murder. I examined it closely. I couldn’t quite read the name but then, aha, Charles Moonlander. He lived at 21 Mile St. Dad didn’t know where that was, so we took a train. We hopped off the train and silently ran into the house. We opened the door and yelled, "FREEZE!" in one swift movement, but there was no answer. The TV was roaring away in the lounge. We tippy-toed in and in an even louder voice we yelled, "FREEZE!” Charles turned his head. "NO!” he screamed. This time I knew we had caught him. "YOU’RE DONE FOR!" I yelled. "You’re accused of the murder of John Hutsin.” I dialled 000 and Charles was taken away. His time in jail was 20 years!
We had a funeral for John. We all went. We got our certificates and badges to become true detectives.
I now own the company and all’s well.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!