Last Train To Bordeaux

The holidays were ending but we were making the most of it. My family weren’t coming back until the day before school started.
As the train stopped, all six of us piled out, into the bustling Gare du Nord.
Mum checked our tickets for the next train. She was super organised and didn’t want to be late. Archie had wandered off already, making mum even stressed. My two sisters were loudly whining because they were hungry, even though they had already had a delicious lunch on the previous train. I mean, they always have room for more.
As the others were sorting out food, a gypsy walked up to me bearing something that looked like keyrings.
“Hey,” she smiled.
“Hi,” I gulped.
“I’ve got some keyrings for sale. Do you wanna have a look?” she asked.
“Yeah, sure, “I replied.
“They are five euros each,” she remarked.
The keyrings were all different animals in every different colour. They sparkled in the sun. A blue sea turtle caught my eye. It was beautiful. Just as I was about to buy it, she rushed off back into the busy crowd.
I glumly walked back to mum and explained what happened. “She must be selling then illegally,” mum pointed out. “She probably saw the police and didn’t want to be caught.”
“What’s the time?” I asked.
“Guys, be quiet!” mum told us.
“Everyone boarding train 6902 to Bordeaux at 1400, please go to platform 9.”
Mum looked at her watch. “Oh shoot!” It was 10 to. We looked around for signs to get to the platform.
Eventually, we found a map. The platform was on the other side of the station. “We will have to run there! QUICK!” exclaimed mum.
We ran through the busy crowd to the platform and squeezed through the doors just in time before the train departed.
“Well, that was and epic,” concluded mum as she sat down and relaxed.
“I can hear the ticket collector, “exclaimed Skye.
“Oh geez,” growled mum. “I can’t find the tickets!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!