The Apocalypse

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

It was a hot day in W 11th street, Pueblo, Colorado and the three best friends, Fred, Caleb, and Ruby are hanging at Caleb’s house playing destiny z on his ps4. “Come on Caleb, give me a turn,” Fred said. “Dude no way, I’m almost finished level 20, there is no way I’m stopping now and any way I think Ruby went over to the living room, go and see what she is up too.” “*sigh* fine” but, just as Fred was about to leave the room, Ruby came in and looked like she had seen a ghostly figure. “Switch on the news, there is something you guys need to see.” Caleb, without looking at the remote, turned it over to the news. “stay in side and lock all your doors,” said the man on the Television, “and make sure you have enough food and water to last the rest of your life, this is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill people. The zombie apocalypse is upon us, wait no no nnnnnooooooo *gross sounds* BRAINS! BRAINS!” * static* Now all of them looked like they had seen a ghost. Then without warning the T.V changed channel to some sort of broadcast. “Hello? Hello? If there is anyone, anyone at all that is still unzombifyed listening, there is something we need to tell you, but first I’m Tomas and these are my colleagues Ashly and Barry. We are the ones that started the apocalypse, we were testing a special serum to bring people back to life (for scientific reasons of course) but for some reason it didn’t work and turned the test subject into a ZOMBIE. It bit one of our men and it spread like wild fire and now we have come up with an antidote but we need these three things. 1, a very rare diamond, the rainbow diamond, found in this location (x-100335 y- 728 z- 542) 2, a fish from the Florida reef called the blob fish and 3, a small little plant only found in Texas called the rainbow rose. If anyone is there, please, get these three things and come to Miami, Florida and bring some weapons and do not get bitten. All the zombiefied people will be back to normal as soon as someone arrives with these three things. A plane will take off as soon as we finish the antidote. Good bye and hopefully see you soon.” * static* Now that they all knew what was happening, they had to stop this, so they all went in Caleb’s new car and went to raid some gun shops and axes. Now that they all had a bunch of gear, it was time to go and kick some zombie butt. After two hours of driving in Caleb’s new white ford Prado, they finally got to the coordinates of the rainbow diamond. They were in Oklahoma in the middle of the desert and no zombies… yet. To be continued.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!