Last Train To Hope

"Just keep on running, keep on running." I chant the repetitive but motivating words, it reminds me of the Disney movie my younger sister used to watch, was it Finding Nemo? Yes, the one about the curious clownfish getting lost and then...
Radiant heat blows onto my tear streaking face as flaming debris flicks into my eyes making them sting and water.
Thundering planes fly through the pink smokey air.
I sprint through the deserted streets flinching as a scorching cloud of embers breath into my red face.
Turning down streets as fast as I can possibly go.
In the distance, I hear a faint screech of breaks from what sounds like a train ringing in my ears.
This makes me run faster even though I don't know if it is real or just me, but I ran.
Big beads of sweat drip down face.
I turn a sharp corner, one last tired person boards an old train, I run, no sprint harder than I ever have before through the closing doors, knocking over a young man as I collapse onto the fast moving floor.
Small drops of hope fill my empty soul.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!