KFL

KFL stands for Kid’s Football League.

The Victorian Sun kids were getting ready to verse the Tasmania Jets in the KFL championships. They were training at the QEO at Bendigo where most of them were from like Jasper Edminston, Louis Evans, Callum Whitfort, Darcy Craig, Deacon Kelly and Harrison Cheesman. All the others were from Melbourne. All of the Bendigo Suns were 10 or 11 but the Tasmania Jets were all 15 or 16. They were training Wednesday from 5:00 to 7:30 and Thursdays from 5:00 to 8:30p.m.
It was one week ‘til the big game.The game was at the MCG at Melbourne. They were staying at the Langham - in the same room. It was Friday morning and the game was on Saturday at 2:30p.m so they went at 1:00 and got pulled out of school. The kids from Melbourne stayed at their houses but the Bendigo kids stayed at the hotel.They finally got to Melbourne at 3:30p.m. Then they unpacked, went for a swim, had dinner and went to bed.
They woke up at 11:30 then they put there footy gear on and went to the MCG they got there at 1:30.They got in the club rooms at 2:00 so then they had half and hour to to practice. The Jets got to practice on MCG which was not fair for the Suns. Then the siren went and they were all on the ground Callum Whitfort was in the ruck. He tapped to to Darcy then a nice drop punt to Jasper he caught it in the forward pocket. Then Jasper kicked the goal it was 6-0.Then Jets won the ruck and kicked a goal. It was quarter time and the score was 23 Jets to the Sun with 6 points only. The siren went and they were in to the 2nd half. Jets won the ruck, kicked to their forward who was 17 and real mean and fat. He took a Specky on Jasper and kicked the goal. And then they kicked another 3 goals and that was the half time siren.The score was 6 - 47. There coach was called Mr Wade-Roberts he was not happy, he was yelling at the kids. Bang! the 3rd quarter siren went they were hungry to win, they won the ruck kicked it down to Callum and he kicked a goal from 50m and Bang! that was the end of the 3rd quarter the score was 12-47 they were getting smashed. Their coach said “There’s still a chance!”
They were on the ground Callum Whitfort swung it on to his right boot and kicked a goal and then Jasper kicked a goal. It was 18-47 and another 5 goals Callum with three goals, jasper with 2 goals. They were up by a point and the siren went. They were so happy and Callum Whitfort got the best on ground.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!